Michael Cho | Immigration & Waivers Lawyer - I601, I-601A, I212, 212d3, Fiance Visa, H1B, Investor Visa Free Immigration Consultation
  Free Immigration Consultation

U.S. Green Cards

A "U.S. Green Card" is proof of your lawful permanent resident status in the United States.  As a permanent resident you have most of the rights of a U.S. Citizen but there are some exceptions. 


  • To live permanently in the United States provided you do not commit any actions that would make you removable (deportable) under the immigration law (section 237, Immigration and Nationality Act).
  • To be employed in the United States at any legal work of your qualification and choosing.
  • To be protected by all of the laws of the United States, your state of residence and local jurisdictions.
  • To vote in local elections where United States Citizenship is not required.
  • To travel freely outside of the U.S. and re-enter the country at anytime.  However, a reentry permit is needed for reentry for trips greater than one year but less than two years in duration.
  • To petition for your spouse and children to join you in the United States as immigrants.
  • Once a permanent resident completes the necessary residence and physical presence requirements (which vary in certain cases), an application for naturalization (U.S. citizenship) can be filed with with the USCIS


  • Some jobs will be limited to United States Citizens because of security concerns.
  • You may not vote in elections limited to United States Citizens.


Please review the U.S. Green Card categories found on our web site for more information on becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

You may also contact us for a free consultation to discuss your immigration needs.  The Law Offices of Michael S. Cho practices all aspects of U.S. Immigration, Nationality, and Consular Law and successfully represents clients located throughout the U.S. and around the world. 

Start Today!

Green Card Petition
K-1 Fiancee Visa Petition
K-3 Visa Petition
Start Today- Visa - Consular - Green Card - Labor