Michael Cho | Immigration & Waivers Lawyer - I601, I-601A, I212, 212d3, Fiance Visa, H1B, Investor Visa Free Immigration Consultation
  Free Immigration Consultation

About The Law Offices of Michael S. Cho, U.S. Immigration Lawyer & Attorney

The Law Offices of Michael S. Cho practices United States Immigration, Nationality & Consular Law, securing complex I-601, I-601A, I-212, 212(d)(3) waivers and employment & investor visas for clients throughout the United States as well as around the world.

Please visit our regularly updated web site dedicated to Family-based Immigration and I-601 Waivers, I-601A Provisional Waivers, I-212 Waivers, and 212(d)(3) Non-Immigrant Waivers at: http://www.smartimmigrationlawyer.com.

We are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal representation for individuals, families and their enterprises throughout the world.

We are recognized for providing clients with a consistently high level personal attention, utmost discretion, and professional excellence in the provision of legal representation and services.

  • We represent clients from states throughout the United States and who come from countries throughout the world.
  • We specialize in preparing winning I-601, I-601A, I-212, and 212(d)(3) waivers for complex cases involving clients who are inadmissible to the U.S. due to unlawful presence, a prior deportation, misrepresentation/fraud, or a criminal conviction in their background.
  • We maintain a near perfect success rate on all family-based and investment-based petitions filed on behalf of our clients.
  • We maintain a near perfect success rate on all K-1 Fiancee Visa, K-3 Spousal Visa, and Family-based Adjustment of Status petitions filed.
  • All legal representation is handled directly by attorney Michael Cho, a long-time member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
  • Attorney Michael Cho is a graduate of the University of Chicago Law School, one of the top law schools in the nation, where he studied law directly under Professor Barack Obama, now President of the United States of America.
  • Mr. Cho also completed his Substantial Research Paper at the Univ. of Chicago Law School under the guidance of Cass Sunstein, former "Regulatory Czar" for the U.S. Federal Government as Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.
  • We represent both start-up companies and multinational corporations who rely on us to obtain employment-based visas for their most valued employees and executives.
  • We utilize the latest in secure technology to effectively represent our clients who reside throughout the U.S.A. Video conferences are available with attorney Michael Cho so that all your questions can be answered in face-to-face meetings regardless of where you may be located.

(Past results do not constitute a guarantee , warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter)

All of our clients receive VIP service consisting of the following:

Unlimited consultations with Attorney Michael Cho.
You always have access to an experienced attorney who will answer all of your questions from the moment your case is opened until your visa, lawful permanent residency, or U.S. citizenship is secured.
24 hour / 7 day a week access to the Client Update Center.
All our clients may request access to our online case management system, which allows them to monitor the status of their case as it progresses from filing to resolution. All important USCIS correspondence and receipts are electronically scanned and can be made available to you confidentially via e-mail or through your own personal account so that you never lose track of important dates and information.
Instant digital access to every document in your legal case file.
Every single document you submit to us along with all USCIS correspondence and receipts are digitally scanned and securely stored with our law firm as part of your case file.  This has proven invaluable for our clients located throughout the world who require instant access to critical documents before embassy interviews, USCIS appointments, and other important events.
Expert attorney preparation of your USCIS petition and Consular forms.
Your petition is always personally prepared and reviewed by Attorney Michael Cho and meticulously checked for accuracy. We try to make sure that EVERYTHING is done right the first time, so that you avoid unnecessary delays and denials. We complete all USCIS forms, draft well-researched legal memorandum and petition letters, help you gather supporting documents, and submit everything in the most expeditious manner possible.
Constant monitoring and advocacy on your behalf.
Our work does not end with the submission of your petition. We keep tabs on your case as it is being processed, keeping you up to date on its status as well as notifying you of any relevant changes in immigration laws and procedures.  The vast majority of our clients encounter no delays or problems with their cases due to our experience and expertise.
Preparation for interviews.
We prepare you for all USCIS and U.S. embassy interviews.  We conduct "mock interviews" with you to make sure you are well-prepared for the types of questions that may be asked and have every document necessary for a speedy approval.  Other immigration attorneys routinely engage in the practice of charging double fees: one to file the USCIS petition and another to support you during the interview phase.  We firmly believe in providing our clients trusted and experienced legal representation from start to finish at a single affordable fee.  We will represent you from the moment you hire us until your visa, lawful permanent residency or U.S. citizenship is obtained.
Continued immigration support.
We can continue to monitor your immigration status even after your case is resolved to ensure that you never fall out of legal immigration status.  We try to inform you when additional filings or actions must be taken and handle everything in the same professional and expeditious manner as before.

Visas to the United States

What types of visas are available for people to come to the United States?
There are more than 20 nonimmigrant visa types for people traveling to the United States temporarily. There are many more types of immigrant visas for those coming to live permanently in the U.S.A.  The type of Visa you need is determined by the purpose of your intended travel. For specific information about each type of visa, please review the information available on the Visas page.

U.S. Green Cards

What is a U.S Green Card and how can you obtain one?
A "U.S. Green Card" is proof of your lawful permanent resident status in the United States.  As a permanent resident you have most of the rights of a U.S. Citizen but there are some exceptions.

U.S. Citizenship

U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization
An applicant must have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence. Lawfully admitted for permanent residence means having been legally accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws. Individuals who have been lawfully admitted as permanent residents will be asked to produce an I-551, Alien Registration Receipt Card, as proof of their status.

Labor Certification for Foreign Workers

Labor Certification for Foreign Workers
Foreign labor certification programs permit U.S. employers to hire foreign workers on a temporary or permanent basis to fill jobs essential to the U.S. economy. Certification may be obtained in cases where it can be demonstrated that there are insufficient qualified U.S. workers available and willing to perform the work at wages that meet or exceed the prevailing wage paid for that occupation in the area of intended employment.

U.S Fiancee Visa

U.S. Fiancee Visa (K-1)
U.S. citizens who will be getting married to a foreign national in the United States may petition for a fiancee classification (K-1) for their fiancee. You and your fiancee must be free to marry.

USA Spousal Visa

U.S. Spouse Visa (K-3)
A K-3 Spousal Visa allows the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States on a temporary visa while awaiting processing of his/her Immediate Relative petition and subsequent lawful permanent residency. Children of the U.S. citizen are allowed to enter on K-4 Visas.

U.S. Green Card for Spouse

U.S. Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen
A "Green Card" is proof of your lawful permanent residence in the United States.  It allows you to live and work in the U.S. without any time restrictions whatsoever.  Those who obtain a green card through marriage to a U.S. citizen qualify to apply for U.S. citizenship three years after the approval date of your lawful permanent residence application.

Start Today!

Green Card Petition
K-1 Fiancee Visa Petition
K-3 Visa Petition
Start Today- Visa - Consular - Green Card - Labor