Michael Cho | Immigration & Waivers Lawyer - I601, I-601A, I212, 212d3, Fiance Visa, H1B, Investor Visa Free Immigration Consultation
  Free Immigration Consultation

What is a K-1 Fiancee Visa?

A fiancée visa allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor a loved one from a foreign country to enter the United States for the purpose of getting married. It is the most commonly used method utilized by international couples to meet and marry within the United States.  This visa allows a foreign fiancée to enter the U.S. and marry the U.S. citizen who sponsored him or her within 90 days after entry into the U.S.  Should the couple have a change of heart and decide to not get married, the foreign national must then leave the country within this time period or be faced with a removal hearing.  It usually takes at least three to four months (sometimes much longer) to get a fiancée visa issued depending upon your place of residence of the U.S. citizen and the U.S. consulate in question.